The API 512C is a mic/line/instrument preamp designed to provide a low noise, unusually good sounding front end for all types of audio systems. Sonically, it is at the top of the "Mic Preamp List", regardless of price. Offering low noise (-129 EIN) and 65 dB of gain, the 512C includes phantom power, switchable polarity, -20 dB pad and Mic/Line or Instrument selector. Front panel XLR and 1/4 inch connectors combined with rear panel mic access allowsfor additional flexibility when installed in an API LunchBox, Six Pack, 10 position vertical rack, a 2 position horizontal rack, or an API console.
* Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
* Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
* Line/Instrument Preamp with 50 dB of gain
* Front and Back Panel Line/Instrument Input
* LED VU meter for monitoring output level
* 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
* 48v Phantom switchable power
* Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
* Uses the famous API 2520 Op-Amp
What makes the API 512C unique is its long evolution from the original 1967 era 512, the first modular mic pre, to the current full featured 512C, while preserving the original sound character that made it so much a part of the early days of recording. Offering high headroom and a wide variety of inputs and input access ponts, it is ideal for unusual and demanding applications.